- What are the School's software policies?
- Additional Linux software via 'module'
- Software documentation
- Fixes for some issues with applications
Academic Licence Programmes
Some software vendors have Academic licence programmes which provide free licences for use with teaching and research. Details can be found on the following pages:
- Microsoft Imagine - provides access to a number of Microsoft operating systems and development platforms
IntelliJ IDEA licence. You should be able to request a student licence which appears to include full versions of their software by visiting https://www.jetbrains.com/student
Using Mac OS X
- Information for students doing projects
- Guides and information about Java in the School
- The tutorial collection
Policies (Local Access)
- Software Installation & Purchase for Staff/Research Students
Home Use Software (Local Access)
- Microsoft Office 'Home Use Program' for staff personal machines