Accessing the School's printers
You may find it easiest to connect to the School's VPN service before trying to print from your personal Apple Mac
Printing from MacOSX
In order to print from Mac machines we now suggest that you go through printhost and install printers as LPD devices.
- Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.
- Choose Print & Scanners from the View menu.
- Click the + button to add a printer.
- Click the IP button
- In the Address field add the following
- For Protocol, select "Line Printer Daemon - LPD"
- In the Queue field add the name of the printer - e.g.
- In the Name field again add the name of the printer
- Location field - check the supportweb page for information.
- Use field - allows you to select the driver for the printer. In general the generic drivers listed will work but Apple also supply drivers for download for more common printers such as HP and Canon which may give you more options
- Click "Add"
- Note that the username on your local machine will need to match your School username in order to print - or let us know and we may be able to set up an alias. You may be able to add it yourself as an argument to the address e.g. email@example.com