Using Mac OS X
This guide is intended to provide information for staff and students who wish to use their Mac OS X laptops on the School network. Currently, Mac laptops can only be connected to the laptop, self-maintained and wireless networks.
This guide was written for iBooks running Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther).
Connecting to the Network
- Restrictions of the laptop, self-maintained and wireless networks
- Using a "wired" connection
- Using the wireless network
- Protecting Your Computer with a Firewall
Configuring a Web Browser
Accessing Computer Science Servers
- Accessing the School's printers.
- Adding a local printer - The instructions for Linux should also apply for OSX machines. See http://supportweb.cs.bham.ac.uk/linux/localprinter.php