The School of Computer Science offers users with a Computer Science mailbox access to their email through a web-based email client.
It is located at: https://webmail.cs.bham.ac.uk
Please note that students with an @student.bham.ac.uk email address should not use this service, but should instead visit https://mail.bham.ac.uk
Configuring your 'identity'
By default, the webmail will create an identity for you of email@example.com
You may wish to configure this to set your full name and stylised email:
- Click 'Settings' in the top right.
- Click 'Identities' in the left hand menu.
- Choose your identity from the list.
- Change your display name (this is the name others see) to your full name.
- Change yoiur email address to your full, stylised email addres. For example, Aaron A. Aaronson would change his from firstname.lastname@example.org to A.A.Aaronson@cs.bham.ac.uk