Configuring Thunderbird to collect Central IS Email
The following guide is intended to help you configure Thunderbird to access your Information Services email.
1. From the "Tools" menu, select the "Account Settings..." option:
2. You should already have your Computer Science email account added - if not, please read the web page telling you how to do this.
3. Select "Add Account..." and chose "Email account"
4. Enter your name and Information Services email address. Your IS email address is your Information Services username (used to log in to my.Bham) followed by @bham.ac.uk
5. Select the incoming mail server as being "IMAP" and enter the incoming server details (owa1.bham.ac.uk)
REMEMBER: If you are connecting from home, you must use your ISPs SMTP server - attempting to use the school's SMTP server will not work.
6. Your username is the same as your my.Bham username
7. Enter a name which is used to identify this account - usually your email address.
8. The wizard will show a summary of the details. There are still a few more steps to take before you can use your mail account properly!
9. A list of all your accounts is shown, find the one you just created, select "Server Settings" and select the "Advanced" button.
10. Click on the Inbox to view your email, if prompted for your password, enter your Information Services (my.Bham) password