There are books available for members of the School in the School Library. Most of the books on LATEX are for reference only, ask Ceinwen for further details:
- The Not So Short Introduction to LATEX2e which is a one of the better `teach yourself quickly' breeds. It is also available on-line http://supportweb.cs.bham.ac.uk/documentation/LaTeX/lshort.
- The LATEX Cookbook, as the name suggest it gives lots of examples for document layouts. Bare in mind that this was written for an older version of LATEXand that header information is now slightly different.
- LATEX: A Document Preparation System more of a reference manual but remember that some of the ones in the library are for the older version of LATEX and there are some important differences. Use this book to decode any errors you get in LATEX.
- The LATEX Companion which gives information on packages that can be used with LATEX. This book is very widely referenced as the best guide to additional packages. Chapter 8 of this book has been revised and a postscript version of the revisions can be found in/bham/pd/packages/teTeX-1.0/share/texmf/doc/latex/ch8.ps.
- The LATEX Graphics Companion
- LATEX Line-by-Line, if you want to learn LATEX more in-depth.
- There are other books in the library which you can use for help on TEX, I won't list them here.